High-end relatively light-weight (2kg) notebook with 4K 15.6″ touchscreen. Dell XPS 15 9550. Device performance is good. Good Wi-Fi speed (important since Ethernet port is absent). Good CPU, SDD, Video performance.
There is a lot of good points about the device:
- high performance
- high resolution
- tiny display borders
- bright display colors
- keyboard backlight
- chasis materials
- ~4h batery life (84Wh)
And some points that is not that good
- glance display reflect light
- touch screen cause fingerprints on display
- tiny borders on touchscreen cause touches when change display angle
- low HiDPI suport in Windows environment
- lack of Ethernet port
- Unavailability of dock accessories on Ukrainian market
- Windows 10 HOME (that is not support virtualisation and bitlocker)
- Long boot (15 seconds of BIOS POST)
Also there are McAfee Antivirus and additional DropBox space as a bonux for 1 year.
Windows, Windows applications, Java applications, sites, etc need may or may not be HiDPI aware. The issue with browsers is just about images that may (and one day will) be better for high resolution clients. The issue with OS and application are more painful. A lot of application just not usefull anymore on 15″ 4K display. OS trying too zoom Windows application to work with high DPI. For some it works, for some not.
FastStone Image Viewer on UHD display
Java applications are just tiny windows that is hard to work with.